56 Spartan Refurb

Our adventure of refurbishing our 1956 Spartan Manor into our getaway retreat in the mountains of Bryson City NC

Name:
Location: Fair Play, SC, United States

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Floor rot

Quick post to show the progress I made yesterday on the front of the trailer and the floor. If you remember from an earlier post that we found the front roadside corner of the trailer and the floor was rotted. I have removed the bad framing and then cut out the rotted floor Tuesday I will be starting the repair of the main wood frame and laying the new floor so we can keep moving forward enjoy the pics


This is a view from the curb side across the front of the trailer. It is amazing to me that after 45 years the black underlayment is still in great shape only one corner needs some help as you will see

This is a close up to the of the road side corner of the trailer.
The whole that you see is where the water tank drain would have been.
You can see the main wood frame peaking out on the side.

This was the most troubling discovery that the main wood frame had water damage.
I have come up with a repair taken from a home repair I once saw.
More about that on Tuesday when I do the repair.

TTFN, Nick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home